Thinking about New Year resolutions makes me think about why people get moving. Some wait for a day and others have an epiphany. For me it’s getting on a schedule. Before the holidays I worked out at least 4 times per week without fail, but for some reason, during the holidays, I got off track.
Most likely I fell short because of the stresses of the time and wrapping things up for the end of the year, but now I am motivated to get back on track. My new goal is to workout daily. I know that sounds crazy and I may not be able to do so everyday. My goal is to make working out the rule and taking days off the exception. Success will be determined by my ability to get in a workout. So, at least 30 minutes per day, everyday. Some days stretching and others doing loads of cardio and resistance training.
Today is a great day to get started so c’mon, let’s get rolling.
I am lucky that I live close to the beach, where it seems like everyone is super fitness focused. In case you are not, here are five tips to get you started.
- Take your clothes with you. Take them with you when you go on an outing, this way you will always have your shoes, sports bra, and other gear.
- Start small, 30 minutes of working out is still a work out. As time goes on you will be able to workout at a higher intensity. It’s a marathon not a sprint.
- Drink that water. Drinking more water, will keep you hydrated and full.
- Plan your meals. Abs are made in the kitchen so be prepared to eat well.
- Make sure that you stretch. You have no idea how much daily stretching has helped me meet my goals. I love yoga and Pilates. Both disciplines focus on increasing strength and flexibility. I’m doing a 30 day yoga challenge on Yoga with Adrienne’s YouTube channel.
Consult your doctor to make sure that you are good to go. Before starting any exercise program, you should consult your doctor to make sure that you have no impediments. Plus, I am not a trainer or a doctor so consulting a professional is recommended.